Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Top 5 Soaps and Lotions:

1. Mistral Almond Milk French Soap: I keep one of these soaps in the bathroom and they last forever. I have always been a fan of milk-skin care products. The scent is always really relaxing. This one is almond milk, and it has a mixture of florals, nut, almond milk, coconut, woods, musk and white flowers. It's also somewhat exfoliating, and when you lather it, it foams and feels really soft and pampering and leaves the skin soft and hydrated. It is also gentle enough to be used on the face. 


2. St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub: I use this guy once or twice a week in the shower to exfoliate my face. It contains apricot and walnut (the exfoliator). It smells fresh and leaves the skin smooth, and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. 
3. St Ives Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Lotion: It has taken me a while to find a body lotion that I really like. I have tried countless lotions that promise hydration and soft skin, but none of them have lived up to those expectation except this one. It comes out thick, almost bordering a cream, and goes on smooth. It makes my skin soft and the moisture lasts. It also comes in a big bottle which makes me more apt to apply it liberally without feeling like I'm going to run out quickly. 

4. Alba Botanica Kukui Nut Body Cream: Kukui oil is packed with nutrients that help produce healthy skin. This lotion is extremely summery. I use it exclusively in the summer and always get compliments about it being "summery" and "tropical" and reminding people of the beach. With scents of coconut, macadamia, safflower, shea and cocoa butter, it applies thick but doesn't feel oily. I wouldn't wear it with any other fragrances with it as it's scent is very strong and long lasting. 


5. Johnson's Melt Away stress Lavender & Chamomile Lotion: I always keep a travel size bottle of this lotion in my purse (except this week I ran out). It's smells of lavender but is light, and leaves my skin smooth. I always have to apply lotion after washing my hands at work and this is my go-to lotion on the go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment